Our Technology = Productivity, Accountability, Transparency
If you have existing Hazardous Area inspection procedures and dossiers, our inspection teams can either utilise your in-house systems, or use your paper based procedures to populate our own cloud based inspection system. Inatex utilises and is an accredited systems integrator of Silverhorse Technology’s Inspection CONNECT®.
The CONNECT® system is built using Silverhorse’s unique publish technology. The publish technology describes the process to be followed and stores it in metadata rather than in rigid code. The CONNECT® service then displays the process as per the metadata description and accumulates information against it as the inspection process is carried out. Whilst this is happening, a complete audit trail is recorded allowing complete visibility into what changes were made and who made them.
So how does that benefit you?
- The initial deployment is fast. Inatex will run a design workshop with your staff which will provide the project with a process definition map. The definition map is used to publish the system, the engineering registers are then loaded and you can be using CONNECT® within two weeks.
- Updates are fast. Every project needs to change the way things are run, usually for very good reason. Most of our changes are made within 24 hours and deployed to the production system overnight.
- No Programming. The publish approach means that when you need to make a change, no new programming code is required. With this approach, the possibility of introducing new bugs into the system is not an issue and the updated platform remains stable.
At the end of the project your lessons learned are embedded in the model which can be re-used for your next project or for ongoing facility inspection and maintenance.
What other benefits are there?
- The service is cloud based. All stakeholders can access the project, live, from wherever they may be.
- Less Paper. Inspections can be recorded on site using a range of EX rated tablets. No permanent internet connection is required for this, as data is simply synchronised to the cloud once a connection is established back in the office. Inspectors can head to the site armed with all the data they need to carry out their duties for the day. No more time wasting trips back to the office or a distant site hut for missed information or to obtain the next work package. The use of tablets allows more data to be captured: photographs, bar code scans, sketches etc. can all be attached to the inspection record, creating a clear and concise record of the equipment condition. Non-conformance can be reported automatically, the appropriate people alerted, and your internal corrective action procedures initiated, ensuring that critical conditions can be attended to in the shortest possible time.
- Reporting is real time. Because the team are interacting via the internet or a mobile device that synchronises with CONNECT®, all reporting is up to date as soon as activities are completed. Campaign reports can be automatically generated by the CONNECT® system, saving countless hours and allowing engineering and inspection staff to spend more time focused on the plant, not on paperwork.
- Time Management. You can record time used as activities are completed and roll that up against the inspection budget. Earned Value Analysis becomes easy, ensuring transparency and allowing timely corrections.
- Integrate your systems. CONNECT® can share data with your other systems:
- Scheduling tools such as Primavera and MS Project etc.
- Document management systems such as Documentum, Acconex, Hummingbird etc.
- Project costing such as SAP, Oracle, Deltek etc.
- Maintenance systems such as Maximo.
Inspection Connect ® software enables organisational stakeholders and management groups to:
- Gain visibility into how inspection processes are being actively managed;
- Communicate the relevant inspection guidelines, policies, regulations and dossiers directly to support decision making;
- Maintain detailed audit trails that provide documented and defensible assurance that inspection policies are being put into practice;
- Promote accountability, transparency and efficiency within complex construction and maintenance structures.